Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Take a walk with me

Most days, weather permitting, I take a knitting stroll during my lunch break. Often that includes picking up lunch, for myself and usually at least one co-worker.

Spring has sprung and flora is blooming, so, today I'm taking you along.

Since knitting takes most of my concentration, I prefer to walk in vehicle-free areas. We're headed to Capitol Square.

First, out of the building and across the walkway towards the Capitol.

Heading up the street behind the Governor's Mansion.

The Governor's fleet.

The Governor's Mansion.

Lovely puffy dogwoods.

The famous statue of Washington and friends.

St. Paul's Episcopal Church across the street from the Capitol. They have a lovely noon Eucharist service every day.

Lovely tulips and pansies by the entrance.

Here's Edgar Allen Poe with my knitting. I thought he looked like he needed a break from writing.

A view up to the Capitol building.

Another delightful blooming flower bed.

The Federal Courts building across the street.

Meet the folks at my usual Christopher's cart. I eat there almost every day from March through December. Yummy. And clearly a happy and cooperative team.

A view down Cary Street in Shockoe Slip.

Another favorite takeaway lunch spot.

A favorite shopping destination, but no time today!

And back inside.

Thanks for joining me!

2 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

just beautiful! so glad for the change in the weather, I know you're knitting appreciated the fresh air.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Anne Margaret said...

What a breath of fresh, spring air! Thanks for the post - LOVE this theme.
I totally had you pegged farther up Broad Street, so I'm glad that you're closer to the "pretty stuff". We drove past the Capitol yesterday and admired the lucious dogwoods in front. It is noce to be reminded how beautiful it is here.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home