Monday, February 25, 2008

Ugh, Mondays.

My love of weekends is countered by my basic dislike of most weekdays. Sunday evening can sometimes qualify as a weekday. After 5pm becomes a school night.

So, after the Sunday afternoon excitement of finding a great deal and booking our summer vacation to Helsinki, Finland - fun weekend! - the Icelandic sweater became a big behemoth littered with straight pins - unfun school night. The sweater is wonderful (photos coming later), but that zipper, whoa nelly. I realized that I do not know how to put in a zipper. After many pin pricks, I discovered that I wasn't really stitching the zipper and the sweater, more the zipper and fuzz on the edge of the sweater. I'm going to remove the poorly stitched and pinned zipper (mostly pinned, I didn't get far on the stitching) and try it on just open as a jacket. I think it is going to be perfect.

So, Monday. My daily routine was all off from the time I was awakened to hear my cell phone turn itself off at 430am due to my poor recharging routine (downstairs in my office mind you - I'm also poor at volume control). My wonderful husband is sick. The Helsinki reservation fell through. A collection of interruptions meant no productivity at the office (a team is replacing all of the computers - how much of a recipe for disaster is that?!).

I'm trying again with some new dates in Helsinki. That trip is essential for the sweater - I think a single toggle closure may be the grand final touch. And that I may be able to stitch on correctly. And I have a plan for non-computer dependent tasks at the office.

I'm looking forward to a better Tuesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

ugh! what a rough start. cheer up little one--you've still got knitting! can't wait to see the sweater, I know it's awesome.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home