Friday, February 29, 2008

It's finally Friday!

Promising developments. I went swimming for the first time. In my life, I've spent thousands of hours in the water, but never swimming laps. I just got my first goggles and swimcap through mail order this week and boy, do I look stylin' in them.
PT went well today - the therapist thinks the root of my problem is my shoes/feet. I have another set of exercises and instructions to go shopping for new running shoes.

To the knitting ~

Okay, another bothersome feature of weekdays - it's too dark when I'm home to take photos. So, here is a pic of the Icelandic sweater last weekend - post cutting. Damage done. Scary.

I finished all of the trim - neck, placket, and sleeves, with an attached i-cord. Then I started adding a grosgrain trim (the zipper was a utter failure), then decided to block it before finishing the trim.
I sewed in many, many, many ends.

Here it is drying in the cold sunshine with its attached i-cord trim. It smells a bit sheepy, so I prefer to dry it outside. Still work to do, but she's coming along!
The one downer of the weekend - Robert has been diagnosed with pneumonia. He's feeling okay, but bummed. He's not very good at resting (like someone else I know). I'm going out of town this weekend to visit friends - which I'm very excited about - but I am sad to leave him home sick and alone.

A final note - a little sunny joy inside!
Have a happy weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

that sweater is gorgeous! you did such a beautiful job. can't wait to see it up close and personal. you'd better handcuff Robert to the t.v. or something so he doesn't go for that 10 mile run! hope he feels better soon.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home