Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Knitting gifts

As much as I enjoy making things for myself, I love knitting gifts. I get all eager with anticipation to give just-finished socks, sweet rolling brim baby hats, a freshly blocked shawl. I certainly get nervous because I want them to love the gift as much as I do. And somehow convey that they are indeed special to me as they have been on my mind for hours and hours as I've delightfully knitted as well as told dozens of fellow knitters about my project. Fellow knitters are always eager to ask about a work in progress.

The latest gift in the works is (hopefully, since I picked the pattern and the yarn and started the project largely without consult) a collective effort of dear friends for another dear friend.

Here's the start.


I hope it will turn out as lovely as I imagine.

1 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

GORGEOUS! I'm intrigued, what are you making? what's the pattern--collective effort of friends? I'm stumped. you certainly can't go wrong with wool bamboo, and so far the pattern looks fantastic.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home