Saturday, January 12, 2008

A case of the "I want's"

I have a whole day in front of me. No plans, no commitments. All day. Blissful, but oh so overwhelming. I have so many things I want to do, I'm paralyzed. What to do first? The options are just too numerous.

I face the same challenge with life. So many things I want to do. So many things I must do. All take time. Although I do have all day today, I do not have all day every day to do just what I'd like. I want to knit more. I want to read more. I want to learn to sew. I want to work out more. I want to learn more about web design. I want to visit friends out of town more. I want to visit friends in town more. I want to bake. I want to cook. I want to make cards. I want to write more notes. I want to make an album of our last trip. I want to plan our next trip.

So, between 9:00am and 9:00pm today, what will I do? Will I take a challenging route or sit and knit on an existing project and watch recorded television shows all day? Will I do wants or musts? At the end of the day, will I have flitted to each of my wants and a few musts and accomplished just a little bit on each? Will the household be any better for a productive day of activities?

Bring on the day!

Author's note: Did I mention that I want to do these things in addition to the other activities I am already fortunate to enjoy: knitting by myself, knitting with friends, napping, having afternoon tea, or a beer, depending on the day, visiting with parents, surfing the web.

1 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

first of all, let's switch days! no seriously, whatever you choose I hope it's a great day!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home