Sunday, December 30, 2007

Dormant projects - they're back!

Christmas knitting - as delightful as it is - put some of my other knitting projects on hold. I made (some still in progress - long story on why, legitimately, we have not exchanged gifts at the office) handwarmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts for my hair stylist and co-workers - here are a few:

I made socks for my sister-in-law:

I made this Leaf and Acorn shawl for my mother-in-law. Truly my most challenging project to date. This wrap pattern just seemed to made for her; I could not resist making it. I started at the end of August and finished in mid-December. Here it is all pinned down for blocking/drying.
Here it is modeling on the sofa. Cloudy day outside - slow shutter speed inside.In my biased opinion, these photos do not do it justice. Perhaps she will model and send a photo?

So, some stash is coming out of hiding (note the fair isle Icelandic sweater in progress - earlier post) and some projects are getting new life:
This is the Almost Argyle sock pattern from Knit Picks, but I cannot seem to find pattern on their website to link it. Anyway, I started these socks way long ago and they continually get bumped for a more exciting project of the moment. Perhaps this will be their winter.

I am resisting the temptation (so far) to start many new projects at once and am concentrating on these two for now. But I did just place an order for a mitten knit-along with a friend. I can only resist so much. And just to spur on my recent Nordic mitten obsession - look at the new Pieceworks I found while searching for the earlier link! I'll be off to Barnes & Noble promptly on January 15.

And I'm pestering another friend for a sweater knit-along. Okay, maybe just a few new projects in 2008...

1 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

that's alot of knitting for one post, missy! beautiful work--especially the wrap for your MIL. so time-consuming!

so you're challenging me for a sweater knit along? you're on! do we have to knit the same one? what are the rules? I need yarn! you'll see later today what has become of my Lamb's Pride--it is many things right now!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home