Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Fair Isle

On a trip to Iceland in 2004 (or maybe 2005) (which, by the way, is the most stunningly beautiful place I have ever seen), I purchased the makings for a traditional Icelandic sweater. Never mind that I bought an already-knit, in the same color, Iceland sweater on a visit in 2001. I had discovered knitting and I must knit myself one.

So, with my vast experience of fair isle knitting (Wellington's sweater is SO big!), I decided to undertake the task.


I am modifying the bottom edge - replacing the ribbing with a hemmed edge. I have cast on and knit about 10 rows.

Oh, that's my gauge swatch done using the Magic Loop. I'm combining all sorts of techniques in this project. Hope that's not too damning.

Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Ambitious! and what are you doing straying from the pattern and coming up with your own ideas?!!

good luck--I'm eager to see how it comes along. beautiful yarn by the way.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home