Saturday, December 22, 2007

A delightful morning

It's just one of those wonderful days! No one big exciting event, just many, little happy things.

A sweet note from my charming husband met me when I got up this morning.

A lovely friend started a blog.

A four-day weekend - culminating with one of the most anticipated days of the year!!!

Yes, that is a bag of grapefruit under the tree. I love Rio Star. The sweet guy who writes notes also does the grocery shopping and buys me treats.

Another four-day weekend next week too!

My longest run in many weeks (I'm still enjoying the endorphins from the run - hence the warm and fuzzy post). I'm not sure when I developed such a love of running. Don't get me wrong - they are not all fun. Today was perfect. Cloudy, not too cold, no plans making me hurry, not too much traffic. I was doing long runs on the weekend - 60-100 minutes - then injured myself, so the runs stopped. I missed them terribly! An uninterrupted hour to run, enjoy the scenery, and listen to music. Today was a play run as I ran up in the landscaped mulch beds lining Nuckols Road, pretending I was off running cross-country. The grass and mulch make my body so much happier than running on the pavement. Again, a joy today since I cannot run in the rough like that at 6:00am during the week or I'd twist an ankle.

A day ahead with errands planned, but no rush nor requisite results. And not too many errands.

A $5 Starbucks gift card from the office. What a treat to splurge on a free coffee!!! I'm thinking something with lots of milk and mocha.

If I get confirmation that our Christmas package arrived in Dallas, a delightful day will be even better!

2 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

that sounds like pure heaven! hope the rest of the day goes as well. I know what you mean about running--puts you in a trance-like meditative state. the best escape.

and thanks for the mention!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Anne Margaret said...

Ah... what a nice little retreat on your blog today. Thanks for the pause.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home