Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How many is too many?

I went out for my daily knitting walk around the Capitol today. I was quite chilly yesterday and had to pop inside to warm up, so today, I bundled more appropriately. However, as I ventured out, I pondered if I could be too hand-knitted? I inventoried my current hand-knit coverings and rationale:

Bobble hat - essential for under 30 degrees. Okay.
Fingerless mittens - essential for outside winter knitting. Okay.
Lacy scarf - maybe not critical, but the breeze in a cotton turtleneck yestderday left me a bit chilled. Okay.
Icelandic sweater (the version I knit) - it's the core of today's outfit. Okay.
Socks - I specifically chose knit wool socks over thinner storebought ones today. Okay.
Socks - knitting project in progress. Does it count? That's the reason for going outdoors. Okay.

Well, I certainly seemed justified in my draping of handknits. But still I wonder, how much is too much?

3 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

ummmm. no comment. now if you said you also had on a knitted skirt or pants I'd say you'd gone overboard for sure.

3:57 PM  
Blogger TheYarnLounge said...

No. Such. Thing.

:)

8:39 PM  
Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Any knitted undies? That might be too far.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home