Friday, January 09, 2009

A visit to Helsinki


In this week's Knitter's Review, the author reviewed, with glowing remarks, yarn from a hand-dyer in Helsinki. I found out about her from Stewart, the owner of The Yarn Lounge, just prior to our visit to Helsinki last summer. I had the joy to meet Leena and pick out yarn and a mitten kit in person at her booth.


Leena and her husband share a booth - she sells her lovely yarn beside her husband's photos. She is charming.




And her booth is next to this



And thisAnd this

And this

And thisAnd this

Every day.

And she lives equidistant between Helsinki (photos above) and Turku, where you can find this view.


Pretty tough, huh?

Here are my purchases from her. Some sock yarn

And a mitten kit.


Her mother writes the mitten patterns. They are pre-boxed, but I was able to swap out the yarn to make my own color creation.

Good for Leena and yay for all of us who get her yummy yarn!



2 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

ooohhh, aaahhh, ooohhh, aaahhh! is that enough?

do they know how to have a market or what?? all that yummy food, I'd blow half my days earnings!!

seriously gorgeous mittens. I'm starting to wonder how many hands you have....

2:08 PM  
Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Thanks for sharing those neat photos!

:)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home