Saturday, January 03, 2009

Mittens - take two

We're rejuvenating a mitten knit-along! Also known as a mitt-along. I tried once before with limited results. I recently solicited a lesson on wrapping floats from the experts at The Yarn Lounge Man, they know their stuff! Amazing how utilizing correct, or at least more efficient, techniques can make knitting so much easier. They are coming along much better this time. Still a bit bumpy. Definitely pink.


I'm keeping the project in my lovely silk Lantern Moon bag from The Yarn Lounge. It's sumptuous.
It's even more lovely in person. An indescribable, iridescent purple.


I'm also working on socks from the new Interweave Knits. Also progressing pretty well.

I this will be a good lunchtime walking project - a simple (as long as one pays attention) two row repeat, with a fine, distinct pattern.

Happy New Year knitting!

3 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

such pretty mittens--they're coming along nicely. could that be a Christmas sock book and yarn?

11:05 AM  
Blogger Anne Margaret said...

It takes two to make a thing go right. It takes two to make it outta sight! (Everybody sing!)

3:20 PM  
Blogger Anne Margaret said...

Umm - I should have checked bloglines before posting my mitt-a-long story. Great minds mitt alike!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home