Monday, August 11, 2008

A little travel

I travel about two days a year with work. Today is one of them. Not such a bad deal - it was a lovely day to drive, I had a new book-on-tape, I got out of the office early, and I got to eat on the company tab. I have been to Virginia Beach a few times on business and knew exactly where I was going for supper. I sat by myself, knitted a couple of rows, sent an "arrived safely" e-mail to my concerned husband. I had a glass of wine and the best crabcakes ever. I'm looking forward to a repeat tomorrow for lunch before returning home. Maybe sans the wine.

The downside - the hotel is a bit dumpy and I sleep crappy in hotel rooms when I'm alone.

Although I'm enjoying a little downtime this evening, I have an unusually hectic August. I need to enjoy these quiet moments. I am a little too wound up for my own good right now. A few open items that I cannot quite get to close. Some projects and to-do items at home, at work, at church - a few here and there add up to a lot. A lot freaks me out.

I'll keep plowing through the to-do list and hopefully calm down a bit prior to vacation next week. And the main goal is to stay relaxed through the vacation.

See you in September!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Have a wonderful vacation! I know how stressful pre-vacation time can be. At first I thought you wrote cupcakes and wine, which sounded pretty good, too.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home