Thursday, August 07, 2008

A lovely day!

After a bothersome early week at work, I'm on the downhill slide. Whew!

Today, a lovely half-day Thursday. Love those! A telework morning - what's not to love about that? - and a sunny afternoon to myself. I so enjoy spending the afternoon with my handsome husband, but free afternoons have a different feel. I went for a swim, had a visit with the new minister at church, made a quick and yummy stop by Dairy Queen, then loaded up on fresh produce at Tom Leonard's. This evening I'm knitting with a friend. How to beat all that??

Here's a short recap of several happenings:

The finished Rusted Root - also available here:


Here is yarn from Finland. Not sure what it's going to be yet. I'm thinking a cardigan.


From Estonia - this yarn has a smell that I cannot quite identify, but I like. Organic let's say.


I borrowed a swift and ball winder from a friend to wind my bounty of yarn. I had a little help.


The swift offered a little extra tension that I could not figure out how to adjust. Here are two cakes of the wound yarn. The smaller is the first winding - it was more bricklike than cakelike. I rewound and got the much bigger, fluffier version. Amazing. Same yardage.


Here is a square I made for a community afghan for the owner of the Yarn Lounge for her upcoming wedding. The yarn is a yummy merino wool from the charity bin at the Lounge. The owner has designated a suitcase where you can donate leftover yarn - perhaps an extra ball or so from a finished project. Takers contribute to a fund that will go to a local animal shelter. Given her passion for animals, I thought this was particularly appropriate. I hope she likes it!


Two home-grown tomatoes, a Sunday lunch at the City Diner, a visit to a friend with adorable new twins, a long weekend at the lake with the parents - now you're up to date!

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

It's great to catch up with what you've been up to. The sweater is lovely! xo

8:11 PM  
Blogger amy said...

the sweater...GORGEOUS! I'm way behind and you didn't say anything about it at the market Sat. HOW could you keep that little beauty a secret?? I am a little worried about you and the sheep I must say. if you start accumulating cats I'll have to express my concerns to your hubby! :)

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home