Thursday, June 04, 2009

New project

I'm jumping ahead chronologically to tell you about my newly started project - a linen sweater. The enablers at the Yarn Lounge helped me through (and continue to) my indecisiveness. I committed to a yarn and color - Crabapple Blossom - how fun is that!:


Look at that sheen!

And a pattern:


I get (read: have) to select the edging, button band, style, sleeve length. It's a big job. I've been swatching, measuring, and have started both the body and a sleeve. See how indecisive?
Hopefully it will be lovely. In any case, it will be well worn.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne Margaret said...

Pink?! What - were they all out of gray, brown, black, and tan?!!

Can't wait to see The Creation. Just wish you were my size - really covet the color.

11:48 AM  
Blogger TheYarnLounge said...

Yay! Linen! I just started a linen project, too! Did you swatch then wash before starting...? I ended up moving up a needle size when I saw the washed and dried swatch.

Can't wait to see your progress!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Agreed!!! Loving the color!!!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home