Saturday, September 10, 2011


The starting line up of the 25th Parkersburg Half-Marathon
And my favorite fresh, ready-to-run runner!

And they're off!

A spirited pace at about mile 1.5.
The group was headed up this bridge right after the turn in the photo above.

This is about mile 10.5.  He's coming...
Getting a little closer.
Climbing...
He's going at it!  You cannot see it, but about a quarter mile ahead of him is the favored Tim Horton's.  That's where I spent my morning.

The finish line!  A welcome descent.

Okay, the photographer is pretty bad.  The post-race shot.

Again, a photographer failure.  This was a fun sprinkler set-up providing a gentle cool shower for the hot runners.

The post race reward.

We did a bit of shopping in West Virginia.
Including supporting several collegiate and high school teams.  



 I think we'll be going back!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Solid race!!! I love how you guys love West Virginia so much. Looks like they have quite a bit of the Texas goodies that you can't get in VA too...an added bonus. Oh, and I've been meaning to tell you guys that I *think* I read somewhere that Blue Bell is being sold in VA...somewhere...maybe sporadically or select towns/locations. Worth looking into further...if you haven't already of course. ;-)

I just met a friend of a friend of Ron's last weekend that lives and works in West Virginia...for a Exxon. He said it was absolutely a beautiful place to live and the weather is perfect.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home