Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Our Parkersburg adventure!

Robert and I had a fabulous adventure traveling through western Virginia, West Virginia, a bit of Ohio, and Pennsylvania this weekend. All on the quest for food with the excuse of a half-marathon - for him, not for me. I'm the support team.

We drove through lovely mountains - Monterey, the Tygart Valley, Elkins - on our way to Parkersburg, WV. We stayed at the beautiful, historic Blennerhassett Hotel.



During our initial walk through town, in what seems to be the continuing trend, we stumbled across heavy equipment within minutes.

Pretty nice heavy equipment.

I discovered Market Street Yarn and Crafts with an impressive inventory, some of which needed to come to my house.


We walked around downtown Parkersburg

We went to a local favorite


We went to our premier destination - Tim Hortons

You are seeing a happy, happy man.
And I was more than a little pleased myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Looks like fun! I've never been to Parkersburg, but maybe I should! Yum.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

My mouth is watering! Looks like a fun trip.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home